The Blue Wave Easy Pool Step is the perfect choice for best above ground swimming pools. No longer do you have to risk injury by jumping into the pool or have to struggle on your way out. This is the ideal step of choice and comes with a plethora of impressive features that users will simply love.
- Railing: This model features double railings that are ideal for young and older swimmers alike.
- Slip Resistant: There is a special slip resistant coating on both the rails and steps. This ensures that users never have to worry about slipping and falling when entering or exiting the pool.
- Material: Polyethylene is maintenance-free and ensures that this step can accommodate users of up to 300 pounds.
- Warranty: The manufacturer includes a 3 year warranty to ensure that users never have to worry about their step breaking.
- Secure: There are two top flanges used to secure the steps to the side of the pool.
- Dual Steps: The steps not only go down into the pool, but a ladder is available that goes outside of the pool as well.
Those that have a pool without a deck will find this step ladder to be more than accommodating. The ladder is ideal for pools with depths of 48 – 54 inches. The step is easy to assemble, but it is heavy when filled with sand to keep it grounded.
The flanges are very easy to attach and do a good job at keeping the steps secured to the side of the pool. The no-slip coating is very nice and works extremely well. The step size is perfect as smaller children can easy sit on the steps with their feet in the water without an issue.
A 3-year warranty and the addition of an outside step is great. When not in use, simply flip the outside step upward so that no kids can enter the pool unsupervised.
The steps are sturdy, but the railing is a little wobbly. While still secure, extra tightening may be able to put a halt to the wobbly feel of the railings.
Filling the steps with sand is a hassle. Oftentimes, a user will not fill the steps up enough which causes the ladder to float slightly off of the bottom of the pool. This is due to there being a lack of sand placed into the stairs. While this is the hardest part of assembly, you must ensure that there is enough sand present so that the stairs stay flush on the bottom of the pool.
The Blue Wave Easy Pool Step is a great buy that certainly does the trick. The steps are aesthetically pleasing and assembly is a breeze – minus the sand. The coating ensures users do not slip and the price is far below what would be seen at a local pool store.
While there are some minor quirks with these steps, they are priced just right and provide an easy means of entering or exiting a pool.