The Fafco Solar Bear Economy Heating System is designed for use with above ground pools. Unlike some other solar pool heating systems, the Solar Bear is affordable and easy to install.
The company that manufactures the product has installed more than 125,000 solar systems and has been in the business since 1972. Let’s take a closer look at this solar heating system and what it has to offer.
- Headers: The Fafco Solar Bear system features 2-inch headers that allow for optimal solar heat transfer without slowing down your pool’s circulation.
- Durable: Constructed with UV resistant polyethylene, this solar heating system is built to last and will not wear because of UV exposure.
- Ease of use: The Solar Bear System features a bypass valve that allows you to easily turn your heating system on and off whenever you please. Four clamps and a pair of six-foot hoses are included for easy hookup to your pool’s filtration system.
- Easy installation: Detailed installation instructions are included along with the user’s manual to make installation a breeze.
- Warranty: A 10-year warranty is included to protect your purchase.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to heat your pool, the Fafco Solar Bear heating system is hard to beat.
The system consists of one large collector that measures 4ft x 20ft. The collector does not use connectors or couplings, which makes the product incredibly easy to use. The included two-inch headers allow for excellent solar heat transfer and won’t slow down the circulation of your pool. Other models that feature 1.5-inch headers often slow the circulation, which compromises solar heat transfer. The included bypass valve allows you to turn your heating system on and off with ease.
The manufacturer also provides recommendations on how many panels to purchase depending on the size of your pool. Their recommendations are:
- 1 panel for round pools between 16 and 24 feet
- 2 panels for round pools between 27 and 28 feet
- 1 panel for oval pools that are 12ft x 15ft x 24ft
- 2 panels for oval pools that are between 16ft x 26ft x 32ft and 18ft x 34ft
- 3 panels for oval pools that are 20ft x 40ft.
Installing this solar heating system is relatively simple and straightforward. Included are two clamps and a pair of 6-foot hoses that connect to your pool’s filtration system. The panels themselves must be mounted either on the ground, or on a nearby roof to allow for optimal sunlight exposure.
The Solar Bear system is constructed with UV resistant polyethylene. This highly durable material can withstand years of exposure to UV rays, which means your solar heating system will last several years. As an added bonus, the system comes with a 10-year warranty.